Jacob assists small business federal government contractors comply with accounting and contractual requirements defined by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), set-aside standards, and other regulatory guidelines. Over the past decade, Jacob's subject matter expertise has fallen into three primary functions:
Finally, for more than 10 years, Jacob has provided training and education on a multitude of accounting, compliance, and cost/pricing issues. In addition to providing in-house compliance training for clients, Jacob is a sought-after subject matter expert and speaker at national industry conferences, Tidewater Government Industry Council, Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs), and other industry organizations.
- Incurred Cost Submissions - Applicable? Compliant? Virginia PTAC. May 18, 2022.
- Developing a Cost/Price Proposal that is Complaint. Virginia PTAC. February 1, 2022
- Contract Types & Associated Risks. Virginia PTAC. November 10, 2021.
- Re-Structuring Indirect Rates for Competitive Pricing. Virginia PTAC. August 23, 2021.
- Prince William Chamber of Commerce - "Audit Compliance: Tips/Tricks/Things to Know for 2021-2022". August 24, 2021.
- 2021 Live Q&A Café with J.Schaus & Associates - "Business System Compliance. August 13, 2021
- Hot Topics in GovCon - Winter Conference - "Competitive vs. Profitable Pricing: Can you have it all?" -J.Schaus & Associates. March 4, 2021.
- "Developing Indirect Rates: How to Ensure You're Profitable" - Iowa State University, PTAC. February 10, 2021
- "Highlighting the most significant: new proposed regulations, guidelines for CO’s and Auditors, cost/price decisions on appeals board and courts" AFCEA Joint Small Business - Hampton Roads & Rocky Mountain Colorado Chapters. January 28, 2021.
- "NIWC Atlantic - Industry Day." Moderator. Tidewater Association of Service Contractors. August 2020.
- "How to Prepare Competitive Pricing." ODU Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). February 2020.
- "Keynote Speaker - Small Business Procurement Initiatives." Ft. Eustis Small Business Contracting Forum & Expo. January 2020.
- "Cybersecurity Update." Tidewater Government Industry Council Exchange Brief. July 2019.
- "Financial Aspects, Cost and Price Evaluation and Technical Proposal Evaluation to Avoid Protests." Tidewater Government Industry Council. May 2019.
- "It’s All Allowable! April Fools! Industry and Government Learn the Functionality of Incurred Cost Submissions and Discuss the Determination of Unallowable Costs." Tidewater Government Industry Council. May 2018.
- "Industry and Government Prepare for Year–end Planning & Closeout and Fine Tune Provisional Rates." Tidewater Government Industry Council. January 2018.
- "Contract Pricing." Tidewater Government Industry Council. August 2017.
- "WOSB/EDWOSB Formal Certification Process Update." August 2020.
- "PPP Loan - GovCon's are Asking Questions. Review of FAQ's". April 2020.
- "SBA Adopts Five-Year Receipts Calculation." December 2019.
- "Proposed FAR Amendment Would Change Confidentiality Agreements." February 2016.